The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who is your favorite character actor?

Vito Scotti is my all time favourite. Everything he did was brilliant from Negative Reaction, to Swan Song to Candidate for Crime. Not to mention the many other shows where he was always great!!!!

I also vote for Vito Scotti. Every scene he was in was enjoyable to me. He made such an impact i thought he was in more episodes than he actually was. ( if that makes any sense?)

Oh, that makes perfect sense. The same has been set for Howard Morris and his betrayal of earnesty bass on The Andy Griffith Show he's only in five episodes of people swear you was in Moore. I completely forgot about Vito Scotti I love that guy! I think my favorite role of his was when he portrayed the wino and, negative reaction? And he put on such airs inquiring if the lieutenant wanted to play cribbage I loved it! Veto is such a staple I forgot to include him as just a character actor.

Vito gets my vote as well.

Vito is great, but I have to say, over the years, that I have always considered Richard Libertini a favorite. He was ALWAYS funny, whether it's a cameo as a house painter in some TV sketch, or a great role like General Garcia in "The In-Laws". I was glad when he finally got to reunite with Peter in "Columbo," as the Sheik in "Ashes to Ashes".

I have too many to name. When it comes to COLUMBO, another great one is Bruce Kirby. Among other things, he has that great "weary" look when Columbo is doing something especially odd.

I agree.
Bruce is by far my favorite police sergeant. And that weary look of his was an excellent counter point. Even as a tv repairman he had that look! I agree. It was nice to see him and his son in the same spisode. Just wish they would had hsd a scene or two together