The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Most Annoying Murderer of the Series

Steve
Who was your most annoying murderer? Mine was Rodger Stanford. Good ole Roddy McDowell and his child like antics.

Beth Chadwick comes in a close second.
Oh mine is Eddie Albert as Major General Martin Hollister. He had an annoying way of using military puns in a lot of his conversations. Was truly happy to see him get pinched at the in due to his own ego not allowing himself to dispose of the prized, war pistol

Sticking with the 70s episodes. For me it's the prima donna actors. Nick and Lilly in Dagger of the Mind and Ward Fowler in Fade into Murder. Lilly is especially insufferable.

Lt
Sticking with the 70s episodes. For me it's the prima donna actors. Nick and Lilly in Dagger of the Mind and Ward Fowler in Fade into Murder. Lilly is especially insufferable.
She was controlling and manipulative, he was the poor guy who just went along with everything she said. Does all this sound familiar guys? :-)

I did not like Jarvis Goodland in "The Greenhouse jungle". He was one of the most miserable murderers Columbo ever nabbed.

"Lilly is especially insufferable."

That episode has a lot of English stereotypes, and they can go back and forth from entertaining to a little trying. I kind of think Honor Blackman was told to play Lilly as a pretty stereotyped English socialite, and that can wear a little thin.

I have to agree with the second part of the original post. Beth Chadwick was made an overnight success in her own mind after killing her brother. She took that alleged success and ran with it fast and furious. Changing everything about her style, or hair, or dress, and her way of running the company. She was rude and crude to her mother, and had she have married Peter, she would definitely have worn the pants in that relationship.

Roddy Mcdowall

A picture of Columbo and Roddy in his Cornelius get up would be a pretty cool collectors item to brag about.