The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Danzinger's Ides Could Have Killed Him

I'm no doctor but, wouldn't it be very risky for any person, not just him, to snort that stuff up their nose? Risking his own life to create his own alibi? Now maybe I'm way off base here but to me, that's plain crazy. But then again, Danzinger thought he was smarter than everybody. And when it comes out in the wash, he made as many mistakes as a killer could possibly make. I'm still blown away as to why he didn't just get rid of the gloves and why he had to shove them in the fire hose

Re: Danzinger's Ides Could Have Killed Him

I quite enjoyed this episode - Troubled Waters - as the title perfectly reflected Danziger's situation. He was a very concerned man, his lover was going to blow the whistle and his rather wealthy wife would slice him and dice him from all her millions! In such a scenario making out he had a heart attack (sympathy from his wife) whilst cunningly creating the perfect alibi (in the sick ward of a ship's ward). So perhaps he was at the "Poppers" - after all Columbo did find the empty capsule in the swimming pool filter. As for the gloves - yes they were a curiosity. I suspect Danzinger did want them to be found - in order to incriminate the main suspect. All those little pieces of evidence were adding up in Columbo's mind towards the musician. However what a perfect end those gloves played... when Columbo took the prints fron the INSIDE of the glove!!! Yes!!!!!

Re: Danzinger's Ides Could Have Killed Him

How many killers endangered themselves physically? The only other ones I can name are Paul Galesko and Tommy Brown.