The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An unfollowed upon clue.

I was watching IDENTITY CRISIS over the weekend and there has always been something that bothered me about this episode. No, not the fact that the CIA guy takes Columbo's hotdog and he never gets to finish his lunch, but the poker chip. Columbo finds both halves of the broken chip and the murder scene and he notices poker chips at Brenner's house while looking at his games. He talks some more with Brenner, then gets up and walks around some more and goes back to the game table. He rifles the poker chips then stands up and says he has to get going while he has his fist up to his forehead. If you look closely at his fist, it appears as though he has one of the poker chips. The poker chip is never mentioned again, neither to confirm or deny the clue. It makes me wonder if this clue was cut out of the rest of the episode due to time constraints. Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Re: An unfollowed upon clue.

Interesting. This scene also had me confused a bit when Columbo suddenly had to leave and Brenner also acted like Columbo reacted to a clue. I always thought it had something to do with the picture of Brenner and something about the Silverstar plane? I'll have to check it out again soon.