The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Grace Wheeler or Nora Chandler

Quite some time ago, someone on this site suggested that maybe Jean herself was the girl that Nora caught her husband with! And that after the murder, they somehow came to an understanding. I'm a little curious about what others think of that theory.

I don’t think that was the case. Jean seemed far too sweet, and Nora’s husband probably had lots of starlets he was connected to. But I think Jean always was an underlying threat to Nora and her new relationship with Jerry Parks was the final straw. And that’s why she killed Jean instead of Jerry Parks. Jean always was and always would be a threat.

Grant
Quite some time ago, someone on this site suggested that maybe Jean herself was the girl that Nora caught her husband with! And that after the murder, they somehow came to an understanding. I'm a little curious about what others think of that theory.
Interesting concept. I dont recall seeing that on here. Im still curious how Jean simply knew about the killing Trying to run down Jerry Parks was a sloppy idea (sort of like the killing of Lilly in Murder by the Book). Although Nora was just trying to establish that Jerry was the target the 1st time around.

I liked "The Forgotten Lady" better. I thought that was a well done story. Especially at the end when Columbo, for the first time, does not take the murderer into custody. Janet Leigh did a great job. She should, in my opinion, received an Emmy.

I looked up "Walking My Baby Back Home," and that was a movie that Janet Leigh actually made.