The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Searching for authentic Columbo prop for sale

Hello every Columbo fans! Nice to talk to you here !
I’m a huge Columbo fan since I was 10 (I’m now 44), and I am from Belgium in Europe.
I once wrote to Peter Falk in the late eighties and I did get a signed picture back in the mail one or two month later. Being from him or not (I do believe it is), anyway, for a kid of my age, that a superstar like Mr Falk took the time to acknowledge my letter really touched me.

Years went by and I kept on returning to Lt Columbo episodes regularly, for a very simple reason: no matter what series I watch (and I watch a lot), I always come back to Falk. This phenomenon bear a very simple name: Falk is the best, and that’s all, no need for great explanations.
I felt something like a loss when he died, and still do. The guy has a charm, unpretentious and professional at the same time.

Anyway, I’m writing here following the advise of the creator of this web site... I DREAM to own an authentic prop of a Columbo. It could be Eric Prince’s folder, the picture of Dorothy Page’s horse...or those that are shown on the memorabilia segment of the site... anything that is on an episode and authentic. Lauren Stanton’s picture or mug, I don’t know, that kind of thing.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you very much by advance and my warm greetings to everyone !

Arnaud

Re: Searching for authentic Columbo prop for sale

I am glad you were able to get the signed photo, and that it brings you so much pleasure. You are clearly a true fan!

The most accessible source for the kind of memorabilia you are asking about, as far as I know, is Ebay. You'll have to use your judgment about what is genuine, especially is the price is high, but honestly I don't think there is a major issue of people counterfeiting Columbo props.

That is where I got this set of props from "Agenda For Murder" -- a badge and pass worn by one of the "extras" who attended the nomination gathering near the end, where Columbo confronts the killer. It's a fun little thing to have, and was not expensive:

Agenda-Props

So you might want to try Ebay, if you can use it where you are. It may take some time and patience to find something you are looking for, but that is part of the enjoyment.

Thanks for posting.

Thank you so much for the tip, I already took a detailed look on ebay but to no avail, the only prop I found was a dress worn by Sandra Smith in the Greenhouse Jungle, and it is quite expensive for something that, to my eyes, is not enough related to the Lt. The prop you've bought is exactly the kind of thing I'm searching for... The best of them all would be an Eric Prince folder, I love that episode (among many others, but anyway)! I'll keep on searching but may I ask, if you still have the contact or an email of the person who sold you yours, maybe he (she) still have something aside?

Sorry, I don;t have a record of who sold me the prop on Ebay -- it was too long ago for Ebay to display the info on my account, and I no longer have me own email account from those days. I made a hobby of checking Ebay periodically in those days, over a long period of time.

ok thank you anyway for having taken the time to check and answer. Let's hope I'll have some luck on the matter, as time goes by, I suppose it'll be harder to find something... Maybe I should try to contact Universal? What do you think?

Ive not got memorabilia, but have 6 original Ransom for a Deadman posters

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e12000.m43.l6300/7?euid=3ef0492707814290abd790768ae2f760&bu=44766738477&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283281436077&sojTags=bu=bu

Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul, I saw them, nice but indeed, I'm searching for THE prop! Thx ;-)