The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strange Clues That Lead to Conviction

Grant i agree. while Carsini admits to spending that much on one bottle Columbo appears to not discover which bottle is worth 5G.

Good point. Along those lines (things that should have been clues), I always think of "A Friend in Deed."

Hugh shows up at the club, clearly nervous or upset, and pulls the police commissioner away from the gaming table to have an urgent private conversation. Later that day, his wife is found murdered. The murder is important enough for the police commissioner to go on television talking about it, yet somehow nobody remembers or reports that strange meeting between the murder victim's husband and the police commissioner on the very day she was murdered.

In reference to "A Friend in Deed," who is Hugh's wife. One website that I saw, asked that question.

I found the cheese clue in "Agenda for Murder" to be pretty strange. I wonder that would hold up in court?