The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dashboard of Columbo's Car

What are the clips that line the dashboard of Columbo's car? They are visible from the front of the car. Are they clips that Columbo uses to keep the dashboard from falling apart?

Re: Dashboard of Columbo's Car

There was a discussion about this on this forum before. They look like large clips but it has something to do with the manufacturing of the Peugot. Ill try to find that thread.

If I recall. it is some kind of after-market windshield defroster. Hopefully Columbo does not turn it on when it's stuffed full of his parking tickets.

Here's a picture of a 1961 Peugeot 403 Cabriolet with a similar dashboard device. I couldn't find anything that identifies the thing, but anyway here's a good look at it. I still think it's a defroster.

Interesting. btw Ted how does one put up a picture on here?

Hi Fred. You want to use a site that will let you upload an image and get either a BBCode or an HTML link for it -- then you copy/paste that link into your post. In the past I've used Photobucket, but I think it no longer offers a free version to new users, and Imgur no longer makes this easy -- so, lately I have used Picoolio (as in my last post). You can find several choices from a Google search on: free image hosting bbcode . I hope you will try it and have fun.