The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The One Time Columbo's Thought-Process Puzzled Me

Well I have to pay you the same compliment, Jake. Your views on episodes has really gotten me to look at each one a bit differently. I'll probably ask your opinion in the future lol.

Troubled waters, I think it is a bit strange that Columbo starts suspect something/someone because of a feather that he could have been resposible for bringing to the doctors office him self.
Columbo was at the crime scene and touched the pillow.

Yeah Richard, funny how Bob Vaughn got no benefit of the doubt from the Lt. in either episode. I always get a kick out of the way Columbo points at Charles Clay when he and his wife first answer the door in Commodore. LOL

Like, "You, come with me now." hehe

Negativ reaction, is an episode I like but now the recent viewing something bothered me. I realy like the climax when Columbo reveals the murderer at the end but Columbos trick to fool Dick van **** with the enlarged photo should realy not work because it was not the last picture of the crime, Dick got a photo with the blackmail letter, Columbo showed him a couple of photos that he found in the fireplace and there should be plenty of photos that the LAPD CSI had taken.

But maybe Dick van **** felt some pressure and immediatily wanted to beat Columbo with is misstake and did not think of other possibilities.

The ransom photo sent with the letter WAS the last photo taken and it DID match the negative in the camera.

The discarded photos in the fireplace were taken FIRST and discarded because the lighting or exposure were off. Columbo noticed that the photos were imperfect compared to the final photo sent, and this was part of what incriminated Galesko.