The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo Goes to College and the gun

Last night I’m watching Columbo Goes to College and I’m confused how in the end their Toyota truck could have fired a gun, I mean the gun was removed and planted in the green car.
It’s illogical for him to assume there was still a gun mounted in the truck when he already located the gun, and even more unreasonable for any gun to be there and fire. I mean, what the kids removed the 45 planted it in the green car and then installed another gun in its place?
Am I missing something?

Re: Columbo Goes to College and the gun

Milo Janus
Last night I’m watching Columbo Goes to College and I’m confused how in the end their Toyota truck could have fired a gun, I mean the gun was removed and planted in the green car.
It’s illogical for him to assume there was still a gun mounted in the truck when he already located the gun, and even more unreasonable for any gun to be there and fire. I mean, what the kids removed the 45 planted it in the green car and then installed another gun in its place?
Am I missing something?
Columbo had his technicians place the gun and trigger mechanism in the truck while he was in the classroom showing the students how it worked. That's what I've always assumed, anyways.

Re: Columbo Goes to College and the gun

Yes that's right, the police deployed the gun back under the hood.

Another question is how Columbo dares to fiddle with the dummie and the same time asks the murderer to unlock the car when he knows that the gun will fire.