The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo: Death Hits the Jackpot

I certainly liked all the latter episodes and the originals as well. Of the latter episodes, one of my favorites was "Columbo: Death Hits the Jackpot", with Rip Torn as special guest star. I think it was clever the way Columbo realized it couldn't be Leon Lamarr (Torn's character) who won the lottery, buy his nephew (the victim), who was a photographer.

Re: Columbo: Death Hits the Jackpot

Leon Lamar was a greedy SOB. We hear Freddie say to him that he is going to take care of him, 10% right off the top. I don't know if that means his entire investment but still, it's probably at a minimum ha million dollars. And if he was talking about his entire investment, it would be three million dollars since he won over 30 mil. This creates a problem in my mind because Good Old Uncle Leon was very greedy. He wanted it all. Along with his lover, Freddy's wife. And in the end he lost it all. The money and the chick. Of course she was no picnic to deal with either. I wonder what she was charged with? Accessory to murder? That would be my guess. Or maybe some smart prosecuting attorney wood put the whole thing together and charge them both with first-degree murder.

Re: Columbo: Death Hits the Jackpot

Indeed, wanted to say it as well, really despicable, for a regular person 2,4 mil (taxes already detracted) are a huge amount, unless you're a big spender you won't see the difference with 24, yet he murders his only nephew with the risks that murder involves, so it's very satisfying to see his arrest and columbo tormenting him before.