The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George Hamilton's hypnosis scenes cut out from TV syndication.

From Deadly state of mind

First time Ive seen this on dvd...and never seen this scene on tv once at all

Did they really think that all their viewers were going to start jumping out of their windows

Re: George Hamilton's hypnosis scenes cut out from TV syndication.

I wonder if they considered it too harsh? Random topic on this episode but did anybody notice that George Hamilton's character has a hard time pronouncing "Nadia"...every time he says it, it sounds like he's saying "Naa-Jaa" :)

Mark MacAndrews
I wonder if they considered it too harsh? Random topic on this episode but did anybody notice that George Hamilton's character has a hard time pronouncing "Nadia"...every time he says it, it sounds like he's saying "Naa-Jaa" :)
Every time I watch this episode and he mispronounces her name, it makes me think of his role(s) in Zorro, The Gay Blade.

It doesn't surprise me. I've noticed more and more annoying cuts, especially on COZY.

Last night they aired "Forgotten Lady". They cut out the gunshot, and if they were being sensitive, maybe I can see that, but they also cut Grace splicing the film back together! Hey c'mon!

So here was the sequence:

Grace places the gun in her husband's hand and starts to raise it to his head.
Cut to commercial, omitting the actual gunshot.
Return from commercial with Grace walking into her home theater and she sees the film is broken. Immediate cut to Raymond entering to change the reel with Grace watching the now running film.

That's almost as bad as omitting the mention of Columbo shooting the pea into the umbrella at the end of "Dagger of the Mind," a scene I haven't seen on TV in years.