The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is Karen Fielding an Accessory After the Fact

It's been mentioned here that Columbo isn't nearly as interested in her as in Adrian, but who knows?

I always wonder the same thing about Veronica in Try and Catch Me.

As we saw in Double Exposure when Roger White tried to blackmail Dr. Kepple, Kepple told him he would have to sign a document detailing their agreement since he is now an accessory after the fact, so I think Karen Fielding became one as well. Whether or not Columbo would have also pursued her is open to debate, but I think she would have gone down if she maintained her story if called as a witness at the trial, if there were one.

I don't think there would be a trial because at the end, Columbo asked Adrian would sign a confession and he said yes. So it seems to me that Adrian was happy when he was finally caught. It meant that he would be away from Karen and his guilt would be relieved. I didn't like when Columbo "flirted" with Karen when he first went to meet Adrian. That wasn't nice.

Good topic.