The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark Dawidziak's Columbophile to be re-released for its 30th anniversary.

I don't know if anybody here follows the Columbophile blog, but he just made a post saying that The Columbophile is going to be re-released for its 30th anniversary later this year. There's supposedly going to be additional commentary and information added to the back of the book, but alas, no reviews about the ABC episodes.

Re: Mark Dawidziak's Columbophile to be re-released for its 30th anniversary.

"The Columbo Phile" is still the most expensive (and possibly the most treasured) book I own - but a re-release that doesn't include breakdowns on the ABC episodes would be an extreme disappointment. Not a purchase I could justify.

"Columbo Under Glass," by Sheldon Catz, while a tad misguided at times, is an in-depth alternative that includes analysis of the later shows (as well as a ton of extra information). Certainly the second-best Columbo book currently on the market.

Re: Mark Dawidziak's Columbophile to be re-released for its 30th anniversary.

I have both of those books myself and the only reason I would consider picking up the 30th anniversary re-release, is so I don't ruin my 1st print copy of The Columbophile.