The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Troubled Waters question

Hey all,

I've been reading this forum for long time and I really appreciate all the informations and discussions here. First of all excuse me for my english, that's not my native language. I don't know if it was mentioned before here but I have a question about Troubled waters episode.
The first and "main" clue for Columbo was feather in the hospital place. But the question is how is that possible that the feather was there if Danziger was changing his clothes, and he was wearing different outfit while making a murder, so how come to feather could appear on the "hospital place"?
That's a wonderful forum!
Regards for all Columbo fans

Re: Troubled Waters question

Good question. Perhaps, after committing the murder, while he was changing clothes, the feather fell off onto his pajamas and then came off when he entered the hospital room.

The only thing I can think of is that the feather stuck to his shoe or whatever we was wearing on his feet since he had to walk through the feathers (twice) to get to the mirror to write the "L" and then again to leave the room. But this raises another question, did he also grab a pair a shoes when he changed into the steward's uniform? I'm sure someone would have noticed a barefooted steward walking up and down the stairwell.

Thanks for your responses. I was thinking about that solutions as well. But before he changed his clothes he was barefoot, and then again after changing for second time. And also it seemes that he takes off the pyjama. So the only thing I can imagine is that the feather could stuck only in his hair or something like that. I like this episode a lot but that thing always bothers me a little while watching.

Not if he was like Andy Dufresne - LOL (nobody noticed he was wearing the warden's shoes).

I think it was Columbo that brought the feather, he was at the crime scene and was holding the thorned pillow.
Although Columbo should have thought that instead of suspecting a patient imo.