The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hugh Creightons "special assignment" for Trish

Something has been bothering me about the special assignment to Pasadena that Hugh sent his coworker on. As we know, he gots a ticket in a Pasadena speed trap that was a photographd ticket.

Problem. While wearing the photograph mask of Hugh how the heck does Trish see to drive a car? The photograph covers everything including her eyes. Puzzling.

Re: Hugh Creightons "special assignment" for Trish

Yes, I've wondered the same thing. If she'd cut a hole in the eyes - they wouldn't have looked right on the videotaped pictures. I doubt anyone would put on such a mask at 62.75 MPH - even if just for a few seconds. The only conjecture I can come up with is if Trish tilted the mask a bit to her right and was able to peek out with her left eye enough to see where she was going. Since the camera was placed off to her right, the mask would still block her face at the angle she passes the camera when the picture was shot. Now, calculating that kind of precision beforehand makes Creighton a hell of a mathematician, as well as a defense attorney.

Hugh Creighton was as arrogant as they come. So was A. Mitchell for that matter. But with Hugh, Columbo kind of knew right from the start that he was dirty.

Steve
Hugh Creighton was as arrogant as they come. So was A. Mitchell for that matter. But with Hugh, Columbo kind of knew right from the start that he was dirty.
I'm sure every cop on the force suspects every high dollar and highly successful defense attorney to be anywhere from dusty to downright covered in mud.

Is it possible tiny pinholes could be made that would be enough to see through but would not show up in a photograph? Or maybe a certain type of see-through material could be used for the photo?