The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help with Columbo transcripts

Hello to everyone. I only visit here very rarely, but I’m so pleased to see that this forum is still active and buzzing with discussions about our favourite detective.

I’ll try and keep this as short as I can. I am a fan living in the UK, and I have been watching Columbo ever since my parents introduced me to it in 1997, when I was just a boy. Back then, I was partially sighted, and I watched quite a few of the episodes when they used to be repeated here on BBC, with the later episodes on ITV. I have been visually impaired all my life, and back then I still had some vision, to enjoy the episodes fully. Since then however, my remaining sight has gone and I am totally blind. Now the reason I am writing is because I am wondering if anyone knows of any sites or resources where the Columbo scripts are written out, but with stage directions included. I've noticed that sometimes when fans write transcripts of shows, extra information is also added, describing what is happening in the more visual parts. As all of you know, several Columbo episodes start off with very visual sections, with hardly any dialogue at all. Though I can remember a lot of the storylines, I often can’t remember what’s happening during these sections. I’ve seen some transcripts written up on some websites, but usually it’s just the dialogue, and no other information. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, so I can rewatch and properly enjoy the show. Thanks, Phil

Re: Help with Columbo transcripts

Phil,

This could be a long shot, but maybe you could try and write the company that Peter Falk's biography was published. The address is:

Carrol & Graff Publishers
An Imprint of Avalon Publishing Group, Inc.
245 West 17th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10011

If they don't have them, maybe they can recommend someplace else.

Good Luck.

Re: Help with Columbo transcripts

Wow thank you very much for this information Cindy. Long shot or not, I may very well give it a go. It can't do any harm!