The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Twilight Zone and Columbo

Peter Falk! 1961 Episode "The Mirror."
These are two of the greatest TV programs, IMO, and there are likely other links between them to discuss. Great topic.

And Vera Miles "Mirror Image"

Barney Philips in "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up" and in "Suitable for Framing".

Classic episode that also included Jack Elam and John Hoyt. Both of those guys would have made interesting characters on Columbo.:+1:

Here's another link between the 2 shows: Mark Dawidziak has written excellent books about both!

The beautiful Arlene Martel was edited out of Double Exposure, but had a prominent role in Greenhouse Jungle and a small role in Friend in Deed.

In the Twilight Zone she’s the nurse in the morgue who keeps saying: “Room for one more, honey”. I think she was in at least one other TZ episode.

That was Martel's only TZ.

Another name is William Windom ("Prescription Murder", "Short Fuse"). He starred in "Five Characters In Search Of An Exit."

Leonard Nimoy has a small part early in his career in the TZ episode "A Quality of Mercy" which stars another Columbo veteran, Dean Stockwell.

James Gregory ("Short Fuse"; "The Most Crucial Game") was the star of the Civil War TZ episode "The Passerby."

And don't forget Martin Milner who was in the Vera Miles TZ episode "Mirror Image" too.

It's really quite an extensive list.

There’s a TZ episode where a man gives people at a bar something and whatever he gives them ends up being important or something like that. Arlene Martel is a girl at the bar. As you said before, the list of actors who did both shows is huge. It’s funny how I didn’t even think of Peter Falk until it was mentioned above. I just ran through the list of killers and forgot about the star.

I'm always making entertainment lists like that, so COLUMBO and TWILIGHT ZONE are familiar category.

Another obvious one is Arthur Batanides of "Mind Over Mayhem," since he was in Peter Falk's only Twilight Zone episode, "the Mirror."

I found three more actor/actress that were in the "Twilight Zone":

Val Avery - "Dead Weight," "Most Crucial Game," "A Friend in Deed," and "Identity Crisis"

Pippa Scott - "Requiem for a Fallen Star"

John Fielder - "Blueprint for Murder" He was also the voice of Winnie-the-Pooh😊

Don Keefer was the coroner in "The Most Crucial Game" and "Death Lends A Hand," and also in one of the most famous TWILIGHT ZONE'S. He was the man who becomes a jack in the box in It's A Good Life."

Mariette Hartley. "The Long Morrow."