The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Killers you like when you aren't supposed to, and vice versa.

Paul Gerard and Dale Kingston I found them to be super creeps.

I find it funny that this forum doesn't let you publish that Dick's real last name, D y k e !!

His name has not stood the test of time. 2 out of his 3 names are derogatory slang terms!!

One character that seemed widely liked by fans (and in the script itself) is Tommy Brown from Swan Song, played by Johnny Cash. I think it's Cash's charm and identity that blurs the real truth - that he is perhaps the most vile of the whole bunch.

In the episode, he is seen not only killing the religious leader who secured his release from prison, but also the quite innocent underage girl he was repeatedly victimizing. Double murderer. Serial rapist. Even finds time to de-fund a charitable undertaking + sought out a fresh, new young victim while plotting it all. Yet he's considered one of the most likable ones. I always find that funny.

Is there a more despicable Columbo killer I'm forgetting?

Nora Chandler
Vivecca Scott
Abigail Mitchell

These three ladies are just all class and I would vote to acquit them if I were a member of the jury.

For me it was:

Tommy Brown - How can you not like Johnny Cash and his music? If the part had been played by anyone else, I would've despised him for killing the innocent girl.

Abigail Mitchell - Just a sweet, loveable little old lady exacting sweet, deserved revenge on the death of her only daughter. Eye-for-an-eye, I'm OK with that.

Adrian Carsini - This was one of the first Columbo episodes I ever watched, and the first one I saw where Columbo seemed to genuinely befriend the suspect. Poor Adrian!

DaveBuffalo,

Abagail killed the husband of her niece. She didn't have any children. But I agree with you, she was too sweet to be a murderer.

You're right Cindy, I sit corrected!

Makes sense that it was her niece and not her daughter, to give her a bit less justification. I don't know what I was thinking!