The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Episode Titles

Yeah I’ve always thought Death Lends A Hand was a great title as well, also one of my favourites.

I like when the title immediately identifies the episode in your head. Requiem For A Falling Star was always one that didn’t seem ideal to me. And I always thought it was identifiable to Forgotten Lady.

I agree about Requiem and Forgotten Lady. I have a similar issue with Double Exposure, which always makes me think of the Negative Reaction episode. Ironically, Negative Reaction is one of the best titles in the entire series, but that doesn't stop my brain from taking a wrong turn.

Those two also make me have to stop and think through which episode is which each time, despite seeing them both 50 times each 😁

"Murder By The Book" is an appropriate title for the episode. Ken Franklin actually uses his own idea in the Mrs. Melville books to kill Ken Franklin. However, Columbo mentions that the way he killed Lilly La Sanka was sloppy and "Mrs. Melville would be disappointed."

Apple TV has, I believe, the first seven seasons of Columbo. Unedited. I am sure it is the first five seasons. It's nice to have him back.

So many times over the years Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder has made me think of Roddy McDowell in the cable car with the cigars over the floor rather than the actual episode. Also I find it difficult to remember which Jack Cassidy author episode is which.

"A Friend in Deed" is a catchy play on words. Indeed --> "In Deed", as in both friends helped each other with a very dirty "deed".

As already mentioned above, "Negative Reaction", "Suitable for Framing" and "An Exercise in Fatality" are excellent. And don't forget about "Any old Port in a Storm" (port wine play on words).

I never liked the title "Murder Under Glass", never made much sense to me.

I don't usually watch the later episodes. But the one that I do watch is "Uneasy Lies the Crown". I enjoy that one and it took me awhile to figure out what the title meant but did figure it out.