The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The ColmboPhile: A Casebook - 30th Anniversary Edition is now available on Amazon.

I know not everybody was waiting with baited breath for this book to drop, but for those that don't have or don't want to pay the price that the original edition brings, the 30th anniversary edition is now available. From the write up, this edition will also cover the ABC episodes and the author has written a personal remembrance of Peter. I couldn't find the book doing a regular search through Amazon so the link to the book is below:

https://www.amazon.com/Columbo-Phile-Casebook-Mark-Dawidziak/dp/1948986124/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1574791574&sr=1-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=columbophile-20&linkId=e37160dc56e77393a1d32c3add9b8620&language=en_US

Re: The ColmboPhile: A Casebook - 30th Anniversary Edition is now available on Amazon.

This goes on my Christmas "want" list immediately.:stuck_out_tongue:

Re: The ColmboPhile: A Casebook - 30th Anniversary Edition is now available on Amazon.

Hi Ted (and others who probably have received the book by now),

I’m one the lucky ones that bought the original edition when it was new (and cheap, the cover says 14.95 U.S.). Always loved the book.

In your opinion, is the 30the anniversary edition still worth buying, with the additions (10000 words, some new photos)? Too bad the publisher didn’t want to go the extra mile for a proper revised edition that Mark wanted to do.

Though I guess no matter what you say, I’ll just have to buy it anyway:)

This is excitiong news for all "Columbo" fans! A few tips from Mark Dawidziak: This edition has about 10,000 new words, and some new pictures. And of course, it is reasonably priced and available, unlike those elusive out-of-print copies.

I hope we'll all buy it (or that our loved ones will buy it for us), so here's an important tip:

You'll want to use the specific link provided, since a search might take you to the old, pricey edition. And even when you get to the right page, you may see the old edition on another tab.
So, look for the seal on the cover (top-right corner, in a magnifying glass) that says 30th anniversary edition!

That link again:

https://www.amazon.com/Columbo-Phile-Casebook-Mark-Dawidziak/dp/1948986124

Thank you for the link. I just treated myself to the book. Happy Holidays to all.

Hello fellow COLUMBO piles.
I have emailed Mark about this edition and he wants fans to know this is NOT a revised edition but a reprint with a new preface.
It does not go into detail about the ABC mysteries.
Mark's main goal in releasing this was to allow fans who missed the now out-of-print edition,to acquire his book for a reasonable price.

Bruce Marshall
Hello fellow COLUMBO piles.
I have emailed Mark about this edition and he wants fans to know this is NOT a revised edition but a reprint with a new preface.
It does not go into detail about the ABC mysteries.
Mark's main goal in releasing this was to allow fans who missed the now out-of-print edition,to acquire his book for a reasonable price.
In a subsequent email Mark explained that he does give his opinions on the ABC mysteries in the Appendix. He really wanted to do a comprehensive guide to each episode , as he did for the original series.
Unfortunately, his publisher refused to expend the funds that would have allowed him to produce a true ' revised' edition.

Hi Bruce, thanks for posting. I have noticed that Mark is deliberately making it clear that this is NOT an effort to cover the ABC movies with the same level of detail that the original book did with the NBC episodes. He has described the new release mainly as a reproduction of the original. It's a way that fans can now obtain that book, so long out of print, without hunting for weeks to find it at a reasonable price, used.

That being said, 10,000 new words is a lot, so maybe Mark is being a bit modest out of concern that no one will feel it's misleading. I have a clean, hard-cover copy of the original, and I will be getting this new release too, but it's probably fair to say that it's offered mainly for people who never had a reasonable chance to own and enjoy "The Columbo Phile" before. And of course, for "completists" like me.

By the way, in case it needs to be said, I do not get any kind of payment out of this announcement, or from sales, etc. My post was just for the benefit of fans who may be excited to know about this book. Thanks again.

I just picked up COLUMBO UNDER GLASS which does examine the ABC mysteries.
Mark wrote the preface.

So,that's nice to have also!

Just finished this.
There is some great NEW material about Peter Falk.

Mark reveals, among other tidbits, why they ended up filming the inappropriate Ed Mcbain stories.
Hilarious!

Check it out!
Bruce