The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Remorse Killings

How many killers don't have any remorse after committing the act? There are manu but I'm going to list only two here as my most notable ones.

1. Carsini. He absolutely despised his brother for taking away his one and only love.

2. Col. Rumford. Although William Haynes was a complete jerk, he was going to take away the one thing that gave meaning to Rumford's life. Besides his roses. And in the end Rumford states "it had to be done."

Re: No Remorse Killings

Lauren Stanton had 0 remorse about killing Nick Franco. That two-timing rotten skunk. Lisa probably didn't have any guilt feelings either.

Kay Freestone shows no remorse when she's taken to the station. She even tells Columbo that she'll fight the charges against her and may even win that battle.

There's no sign at all that she regrets killing.

Paul Galesko had no remorse. He even killed poor Alvin Deschler to try and set him up as the killer.

I always wonder whether he has a different attitude about each of the two murders, and I always like to think he means it when he says, "I'm sorry, Al...."

There's Roger Stanford.
For one thing, there's the way he wastes no time moving into David's office, and isn't even a little sneaky about it.
In fact, with some of the way he acts he almost fits the pattern of the "criminal who wants to be caught" (though of course he isn't one of those).

None of the Jack Cassidy murderers (Franklin, Greenleaf, and Santini) seem to have any remorse at all!

Wesley Corman - the dentist. Had he successfully framed his wife she would have been committed to an institution and when questioned he justifies it by saying something like 'it was no worse than what you both had planned for me'.

Ben
Wesley Corman - the dentist. Had he successfully framed his wife she would have been committed to an institution and when questioned he justifies it by saying something like 'it was no worse than what you both had planned for me'.
Wes Corman was - in my opinion - the lowest of lows in the series. 100% no remorse both for the killing and framing his sickly wife. Hope he got the chair; throw the switch!