The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo's Car on Adam-12

Thanks, Fred, for bringing up the appearance of Columbo's car on "Adam-12" -- it's in the Season 4 episode "Citizens All". The "plot" is a collection of vignettes where Reed and Molloy encounter a series of eccentrics and nut-jobs who seem to have a grudge against cops, and of course the cops solve every crime.

The Peugeot appears in this scene, with a somewhat outrageous looking woman who waits for them by a giant ice machine and reports a smash-and-grab robbery, where somebody hit her Peugeot from behind, then got her purse. The car is unmistakable -- there's even a glimpse of the familiar license plate 044-APD, and you can see a bit of the car's interior including the wiry after-market windshield defroster on the dashboard, where Columbo likes to stor his parking tickets.

Of course they catch the guy near the end, a log-haired teen who, sure enough, is wearing a white t-shirt with a big black swastika drawn on it. Your pretty typical Jack Webb production -- "The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

The red-haired actress is, alas, not Tina Louise or Barbara Rhoades or Marilu Henner, but a redhead named Jo Anne Meredith. She apparently did a handful of shows of a certain vintage, including "The FBI, "Emergency!, " "Cannon" and "The Partridge Family." He accent must be heard to be not believed.

I managed to rent it from Netflix and here it is, I hope. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/427216344

Re: Columbo's Car on Adam-12

Thank you Ted. Actually I can't take credit for spotting the car ,I just posted that it would be interesting to see Columbo work with Reed & Malloy and it was you actually Ted, who remembered Headache's post and put up the picture.

FYI MeTv here in the US are showing two episodes of Adam-12 every night. I think there on season 2 right now.

Re: Columbo's Car on Adam-12

I know it's crazy, but it occurs to me that, since the woman was driving Columbo's car, right down to the license plate, logically she must be his wife. (She gave a different name, presumably her maiden name.) Clearly she is, like Columbo, a transplant from New York. Mrs Columbo, revealed! Although, admittedly, she isn't much like we imagined.