The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Murder by the book

Hello,

It is me again, Now I'd like to share some things about Murder by the book. I know I skipped Ransom for a dead man, but all my observations there are identical with what has been said here on that forum. Anyway, during this Corona crisis I have more time to watch movies so I watched also Murder by the book.
- what do you think James Ferris meant by "serious writing"?
- do you think he wanted to make some new novels, or start to write in totaly other branch?
- the list of names which Franklin used - where did he take that names from? were they real?
- maybe nitpicking, but Ken gave this list to Jim for only a while, isn't it suspicious that his fingerprints are only on some small part of that piece of paper?
- I love the scene when Columbo says he's making pest of himself and Franklin answers "Nooooo"
- I know that number of times on this forum people said that last clue was weak. I don't think that way. Columbo had a lot of other things leading to it, so that final sclue was only to pin Ken down. Plus when he was reading the scenario, he said "should I go on?" maybe in the further part there were more clues or evidences to prove Ken's guilt
- it is sad to see Lilly La Sanka and Ken franklin together knowing that both of them died not so long after making this episode, and both deaths were totaly sad