The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death lends a hand

I have not so much observations about this episode, because so much have been said here. - I can say I enjoy much more Ray Milland here than in the greenhouse jungle.
- some people were saying about technical aspects of the scene when you see action in the glasses of mr Brimmer, personally I am not a fan, I don't know on which glass I should focus, left or right :)
- Brimmer says that he shares ability of being ambidextrous with 10% of population, I doubt it, I'd rather say that 10% of people are left handed
- can somebody maybe confirm if the Brimmer's office is the same room that was used for Leslie Williams's office in Ransom for a dead man?
- I've noticed that the sculpture (I'm not sure if that is a proper english word) of an archer behind Brimmer (when he spekas with Mrs. Kennicut) is the same sculpture which was on Friend in Deed behind Halperin in his office
- I love the scene in golf court when Columbo tells Archer that he has a nose for this kind of things

Re: Death lends a hand

Brimmer would not have been convicted of murder. Probably Voluntary Manslaughter. Still a killer though. His office is 'years ahead' of what they have at police headquarters yet somehow Columbo allegedly puts a potato in his tail pipe to disable the car. How? There must be cameras all over that parking garage. Overall a good episode. Probably 6-7 on the scale of 1-10.

Speaking of the golf scene, it might have been cool to see them work into the scene Colombo hitting a shot or two himself. There's a clip on youtube on the making of the Great Race and they show a brief shot of Peter hitting a golf shot in the snow -- pretty athletic swing.

This is strange. There’s a scene when Colombo is interrogating the golf Pro at the country club, and he ends by taking a club and hitting the ball with a perfect swing.

Was that absent in the version you watched?

No, you are right! I just got my episodes mixed up. I was thinking of "Double Exposure" where he is out on the course at Scholl Canyon.

I love Columbo