The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Greenhouse Jungle

I think the latest murder occurrence is in Columbo Cries Wolf, where the real murder took place with about 15 minutes left.

I just realized that No Time To Die didn’t have a murder at all, although It did kill my evening’s enjoyment.

I admire Columbo's patience with Mrs. Goodland. She was nasty from the beginning. Columbo never judged her, he was just confused with who Ken Nichols "Friend of the Family", was. When he asked for Mrs. Goodland's whereabouts he wasn't passing judgment like she claimed. He could have let her be arrested and processed before nailing Jarvis, but he was a gentleman about it and ignored all of her insults. He only warmed up to him after he nailed Jarvis and offered her a ride home.

This is one of my favorite episodes. Jarvis was a snob who underestimated Columbo from the beginning. He was willing to murder his closest relative so that he could indulge his hobby. It was nice to see him taken down.