The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dictatorship Marriages

Francis Galesko from Negative Reaction was overbearing, suffocating woman. By the way she acts i'm almost sympathetic to Paul Galesko...lol......almost.

If only he hadn't dragged poor Alvin into it. I'm not saying it would've been okay otherwise, but still.

One PHYSICAL bad marriage might be Karl and Nadia Donner. When you see what he does in that one scene, it's hard to think it's the FIRST time.

Leslie Williams couldnt stand her husband so much she murdered him. She was definitely an overbearing hard nosed woman.

Iirc Galesko's wife was named in the " murder victims who got what was coming" thread.
And Galesko was named a " sympathetic" murderer.

8How about the three timing Max Barsini? First Louise then Vanessa and then the vixen. Hes a big loser but its clear its Max's way or the highway. I loved the scene near the end when the 2 girls left telling him off in the process.

It's real speculation, but I kind of wonder about Eric Mason (I mean before the OBVIOUS thing, MURDERING his wife). Even though his job is all about showing people how to "take charge of their lives," it's easy to wonder how much control she had over hers.

Probably explains why she had an affair with Dr. Mason's best friend, Charlie. Mason even tells Charlie, "To tell you the truth, it wasn't even that good a marriage." Speculating here, but I'd imagine a guy like Mason killing his wife BECAUSE he couldn't control her. Always seemed like he was getting ready to strangle Jo, also probably because he was afraid he couldn't control her, too (regarding the information she had about Charlie and Mason's wife having an affair). Fortunately, Lt. Columbo walks in on them from out of the rain at that moment and he has his little fireside chat with Dr. Mason.