The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which Episode Would You Watch?

OK, I confess to being a heretic but my favorite episode is "Colombo Goes to College". Great storytelling, great acting from everyone in this episode (security guard excepted). Sure the murder is a little ridiculous (but aren't they all?) but the gotcha is fantastic.

And, speaking of DVD's, I may have to bite the bullet and buy the series. Although I know the cable channels chop up the episodes pretty good -- I'm watching "Troubled Waters" on Sundance (a movie channel) and I see a scene I haven't seen before that is pretty important to the plot. Early in the episode Mr. Danziger is complaining to his wife about his golf gloves not being packed...

so this may come as a shock to everybody but I enjoyed the last episode very much. Columbo Likes the Nightlife.

Agenda for Murder is a close 2nd.

Being an ex-service member, By Dawns Early Light is my favorite episode, but for a night alone, I would probably choose Now You see Him.

"A Friend in Deed." A great "gotcha" at the end, and believe it or not, the neighborhood and bar reminded me of where I went to college.

Not to mention it's the episode that i got my moniker from!

quid_quo_pro
"A Friend in Deed." A great "gotcha" at the end, and believe it or not, the neighborhood and bar reminded me of where I went to college.

Not to mention it's the episode that i got my moniker from!
That episode was actually on here last night. And when I heard Halpern say that I thought of you.

I watched it too Fred! :+1:

I always thought you got the moniker from LAST SALUTE TO THE COMMODORE and the shipyard scene.

Guess I missed that. All I remember from the shipyard was a bunch of yelling over background construction noise. Yet another oddity from Last Salute.

Oh, man, that's a tough question.

I think I'd have to go with TROUBLED WATERS. It's always seemed like such a "fun" episode - the cruise ship, the ocean, the nightclub, Rosanna Wells singing "Volare" for 9 minutes, Columbo throwing stuff overboard and running up and down the Crew's Stairway. Maybe the most "on location" film of the entire series (although BY DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT is probably right there, too) Loved the interplay between Columbo and Mr. Danzinger, as well.

John
Oh, man, that's a tough question.

I think I'd have to go with TROUBLED WATERS. It's always seemed like such a "fun" episode - the cruise ship, the ocean, the nightclub, Rosanna Wells singing "Volare" for 9 minutes, Columbo throwing stuff overboard and running up and down the Crew's Stairway. Maybe the most "on location" film of the entire series (although BY DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT is probably right there, too) Loved the interplay between Columbo and Mr. Danzinger, as well.
9 mins of that blasted song was way too much. That subject has come up here on this forum many times.

Almost as bad as the endless, boring magic
act that opens NOW YOU SEE HIM.
The curse of the two hour shows

Watching some of the TV magic to create the magic act in Now You See Him, is hilarious especially the lady quite obviously holding the bunch of flowers below table height to then magically appear.

As for the one I'd most enjoy watching as described in the first post, it would have to be Make me a perfect murder. Yes it has a few faults but for some reason I really enjoy the relationship between Columbo and Kay.

Rob L
Watching some of the TV magic to create the magic act in Now You See Him, is hilarious especially the lady quite obviously holding the bunch of flowers below table height to then magically appear.

As for the one I'd most enjoy watching as described in the first post, it would have to be Make me a perfect murder. Yes it has a few faults but for some reason I really enjoy the relationship between Columbo and Kay.
MAKE ME...is one I never rewatch!
Weak script, but I know what you mean about that relationship

Yeah, I know what you mean about the script but for some reason I really enjoy it as a whole.

I could love with out the 5 minutes of filler watching the dancing oscilloscope screens and George C Scott but I'm always entertained by the episode
It's almost as if the murder is the less important aspect of the plot.

Man, that's a tough question. I almost have to ask, who is my favorite bad guy? Robert Culp? Jack Cassidy? Robert Conrad?........etc.

If I have to pick one, it's probably Exercise in Fatality with Death Lends a Hand close 2nd. The bad guys are just great in it. Both of them. Columbo is himself, in one scene in Exercise in Fatality, as Robert Conrad begins to tell him that he talked to Stafford that night, Columbo says......."I better write this down" and proceed to check every single pocket he's wearing before he finally figures out his notepad is in his back pants pocket. I think he even checked his side pocket on his coat twice. Classic.......hilarious. Good question.....

My favorites are the one with Janet Leigh, the winery one and any with Jack Cassidy