The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Candidate for a Crime

A next episode to discuss. I like this one, final clue is good, some funny moments too.
- if Linda is his wife's secretary, why is she involved in any work tasks for Hayward? What's his wife proffesion anyway?
- I am a big fan of the scene in Hayward's office. A lot of good stuff. "so far sir, we don't have a thing. Officially. And unofficially? Unofficially we don't have a thing either" hehe. All this methotds Columbo uses to irritate Hayward are brilliant. Not getting straight to the point, mentioning his family etc. And I guess this keeps the record for amount of "just one more thing sir" in one scene. I think he comes back to the office maybe even five times
- Tailor scene is great. Do you think Columbo really was thinking about buying a jacket? :) He was so persuasive with his story (affair, 17,50 a couple :D) that he really looked like he wanted that jacket. Plus this third guy there (tailor or whatever), he doesn't even say a word, but he is brilliant :)
- I always thought it was a little risky for Hayward to go to the balcony just to shoot. Somebody from window from buildings around could see that
_ I don't think the sound of firework could be heard from balcony, because in the room were a lot of people and music

Re: Candidate for a Crime

As far as small parts, it also has Jack Riley as the impatient TV director. I don't know if you know THE BOB NEWHART SHOW, but he had one of the funniest roles on it.