The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mind Over Mayhem

This episode is a strange one for me. I never liked it, but after some time I started to respect it. I think mainly because of its atmosphere. All the time there is sunshine :)
- Why Cahill made everything like there were some fight? I don't understand what he had in mind
- another English question: Columbo says about his dog that he likes to be around human person and "he don't care who it is". Why "he don't" instead of "he doesn't". I've heard it so many times in American English. Is it just some kind of slang or what? I would
appreciate the answer
- I hate the robot here, and alibi with the robot. It really doesn't work
- "bad dog, bad dog!" on the tape, always sounds funny, but it looks like Columbo didn't like this method because he never uses tape recorder anymore after this one. And the record says "why was the pipe on the driveway", did he really need to hear it on the record to remind this question? :)
- How Columbo knows how the can of herion was labeled? who told him that?
- I don't like this final clue made by Columbo
- I think the match would easily break in Columbo's pocket
- looks like ther murder was for nothing. Truth was revealed anyway

Re: Mind Over Mayhem

“He don’t” is bad grammar. I assume it’s part of Columbo’s act to appear uneducated so the murderers underestimate him.

Re: Mind Over Mayhem

thank you very much for this answer :)