The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Quote Quiz

Grant
3. sounds like "Bye-Bye, Sky-High Murder Case." Except that Bertie isn't exactly anyone's employee, so I'm not sure.

14. is "Ransom For A Dead Man."

I'm deliberately leaving 11 alone, because I want to let someone else get it (that's how great a moment it is).
Number 3 is A Bird in the Hand.

12. "Don't worry sir. The pliers will never touch the car." - A Bird in the Hand when Columbo is trying to work out how the bomb was secured under the car.

15. "Good work Lieutenant. The people back home will be very pleased. - Columbo Likes the Nightlife. The Mafia guy to Columbo after Columbo solves the case.

6. NEGATIVE REACTION. Driving instructor Larry Storcb describing Alvin. Deschler

#7 is from Uneasy Lies the Crown!

5. An Exercise if Fatality

8. A Deadly State of Mind

1. Swan Song, where the FAA guy suggests Columbo would be a good crash investigator?

Not sure about that, since the better line (IMO) from that scene and the one I remember better was Columbo saying "In fact, I don't even like being this tall." :smile:

Re: Columbo Quote Quiz: ANSWERS

EVERYOONE DID VERY WELL!!!

1. Columbo to Pangborn in Swan Song
2. Nobody guessed this one. It was from Butterflies in Shades of Grey. Fielding to Columbo
3. Dolores to Harold in "A Bird in the Hand"
4. Columbo goes to College. Cooper's father said it
5. An Excercise in Fatality. Janus to Columbo
6.. Negative Reaction. The driving instructor, Weekly, to Columbo regarding A. Deschler.
7. That was from Uneasy Lies the Crown. Back and forth from Columbo and wes corman,
8. Dr. Collier to Columbo in A Deadly State of Mind
9. Agenda For Murder. Oscar Finch to Columbo
10. This was also from A Deadly State of Mind when Collier sees the boy and the dog at the very end.
11. Columbo to Watkins at the end of Troubled Waters.
12. A Bird in the Hand . Columbo to the car salesman.
13. Nobody got this one. It was Carsini to Columbo during their first meeting,
14. Ransom for a Dead Man. Columbo to Margaret
15. Mafia dude to Columbo at the end of Columbo Likes the Nightlife.

Re: Columbo Quote Quiz: ANSWERS

regarding 10. Wasn't it from Murder Can Be Hazardous For Your Health? I don't remember any boy in Deadly State of Mind