The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quote directed at Mrs. Columbo show

According to the Wiki page for the Mrs. Columbo show:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Columbo

When Columbo returned to the air in 1989 on ABC, it was further established that Lt. Columbo and his wife were still happily married, and the existence of the series Mrs. Columbo was effectively ignored. However, in one episode, in an apparent put down of the show bearing his name, Columbo commented, "A woman's been going around saying she's my wife, but that isn't her..."

What episode is referred to here?

I'm thinking "No Time to Die", but I'm not sure.

Re: Quote directed at Mrs. Columbo show

I don't blame them if they did try to distance themselves from that debacle.

There were a couple of episodes included with my DVD set. Not terrible, but certainly not up to Columbo standards.

Have you watched them?

Here's all I've watched from the following Columbo DVDs:

Season 3: Bonus Episode: Mrs. Columbo "Murder is a Parlor Game"
Season 4: Bonus Episode: Mrs. Columbo "A Riddle for Puppets"

I think that Wikipedia is incorrect here (hard to believe, I know :) ). The quote it references is from The Columbo Phile - Levinson and Link mention that they WANTED to say something like that, but it never made it into an episode.

Yes, the line is not in an actual Columbo show.

There's a MAD Magazine spoof of "Star Trek: Voyager" in which behind Captain Janeway there can be seen a picture of Falk as Columbo with the inscription, "Take my wife, please!"