The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'Bewitched' connection. Can anyone name the actors or actresses?

Others have done a great job spotting the regulars, but of course both shows were long-running and with many guest players, so there were numerous actors who appeared in both. Another character with multiple appearances in Bewitched was Maurice Evans, who I believe was a snooty butler in Columbo.

David Huddleston (mayor in Columbo Cries Wolf) was in Bewitched 3 times. Vic Tayback was in Bewitched 3 times as a chauffeur, and memorable in Suitable for Framing as bohemian artist Sam Franklin talking about his watch. Arlene Martel was in Bewitched twice, and allegedly in Columbo 3 times, but is more of a trivia question in Columbo because she was in the credits of A Double Exposure as Tanya Baker, but has never been spotted, if I recall, in the final cut.

Then there are, probably among others: Marcia Wallace, Virginia Gregg (most familiar, I'd say, from doing so many Dragnet roles!), Nita Talbot, Julie Newmar, and Barbara Rhoades. Vito Scotti deserves special mention because he appeared in numerous Columbo episodes, and once in Bewitched, but of course it seemed that Vito, for a stretch of years there, appeared at least once in almost very TV show at some point!

I know that John Fiedler (Blueprint For Murder) was in at least one.

And I'm guessing that James Milholland (Publish Or Perish) was in at least one, since he was all over TV.

Hah, yes John Fiedler was another of those actors who was in "everything"!

Columbo and Bewitched overlapped, when Columbo's first season was first aired, it was Bewitched's last.