The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Make Me A Perfect Murder

Grant
Maybe she isn't exactly admirable, but I always like her defiant attitude at the end.
"I'll survive. I may even win."

And speaking of the job, she has that same attitude just before the end when she realizes she's been fired. And it doesn't look like bluffing.
And the specific moment she gets fired as funny.

When discussing marks office....

Kay: why not? I'll be needing more space, the office comes with the job.

Flannigan: But you dont Kay.

That's pretty direct and to the point

This was a good episode in my opinion. Let me address a couple of items that you pointed out. First of all I believe that the conversation between Columbo and the sergeant was the sergeant telling Columbo that they found the gun on top of the elevator. In fact later on Columbo mentions that to Kay. That they found it and replace it with a duplicate. And the sergeant did not want anybody else to hear that information. As you may recall he wanted to take Columbo in the production Booth to talk to him in private and Columbo refused that because he just messed up somebody's film.

The other thing that I wanted to point out is the over playing of the carnival music at the end. No the crew had taken a break from filming but yet they had that carnival music blasting for about 6 minutes at the end of the episode. Not quite as bad as the Volare from Troubled Waters but almost.

Hello, I don't understand at all how Columbo can trick Kay with this reel change in the projection booth. She was there to change the spool, so what? It doesn't prove that she was away for 4 minutes!