The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Cries Wolf

This is one of the better of the later Columbo episodes, but I agree with Matti - I can't stand either the Sean or Tina character. The movie is enjoyable, but I find both of them incredibly annoying. I suppose that's a credit to the two actors.

I didn't like this episode at first, but it grew on me. I also can't stand Tina. She acted in the same phony way as Ed Begley's girlfriend in Undercover. I also thought it was kind of ridiculous that Sean and Dian would expect the police to get surveillance tape from England, notice the coffee, etc. It's a little far-fetched, but if you can get over that, it's a very entertaining episode. And I hated Sean so much that it was one of the best "gotchas". Literally in this case.

If I saw the episode for the first time today, I would immediately have thought that Dian had crossed the cartel and Hector Salamanca took care of things (for the Breaking Bad fans out there).

If I saw the episode for the first time today, I would immediately have thought that Dian had crossed the cartel and Hector Salamanca took care of things (for the Breaking Bad fans out there).

Absolutely, Pete! Last week was my first post-Breaking Bad viewing of Columbo Cries Wolf, and I immediately recognized Hector. First time I've seen him out of the wheelchair. I'm not familiar with the actor, so this was the first time I've seen him elsewhere.