The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Goes To College

Agreed with your final statement. I would have loved to have seen the reaction of Jordan rowe when he found out that his son was going to jail. That would have been a classic ending. By the way as a side note, the character of Jordan Rowe, played by Robert Culp is an arrogant SOB himself. Big Mighty attorney. With an attitude to go with it.

As I have said multiple times on this website, it was a pleasure to see those two idiots get arrested. However, I must say that unlike you, I enjoyed the episode. I'm sorry that you did not like it. But I found it rather enjoyable. And I have watched it several times. I found it funny when Columbo was at the TV station and the man was explaining to him that they have cameras very small these days if they could stick them right up youre.... well anyway I found that a hilarious conversation and that's what tipped Columbo off in the first place. I really didn't understand the entire thing about the plane ticket to Phoenix myself. Couldn't figure that one out

Re: Columbo Goes To College

The Phoenix ticket was a Columbo Red Herring. He checked with the guy who'd inventoried everything from Dr. Rusk's belongings to verify it wasn't there before throwing it out there to all possible suspects and waiting to see if anyone took a bite. Mrs. Rusk passed, the coach's wife passed, that left the boys. They almost passed and then came up with their cockamamie story about the FBI blah-blah-blah. Columbo knew at this point he had his men (boys).