The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Favorite Columbo "Partner"

Yes, Barney Phillips was a terrific actor and I enjoyed him in "Suitable for Framing", along with the classic "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?".

Leaning towards Bob Dishy as Sgt. Wilson. Like his quirks and the way he may get under Columbo's skin at times but still helps him with is knowledge of latest techniques,etc.

Still can't remember about why his first name changed. I know there was a post a while back i'll have to look for.

Cool! I never heard of the reason and would be interested in reading about it.

I always enjoyed Bob Dishy, too, although his "investigatory procedures do differ somewhat from the Lt." Every time I see him on Law & Order I can't help but think of Sgt. Wilson.

I have to go with Bruce Kirby. He also played a good role as the TV repairman on make me a perfect murder.

"Your dog will love it."

I'm a little surprised Dennis Dugan as "Mac" hasn't been mentioned. Of course, that episode doesn't get a lot of affection, but I don't think much of that is due to him.