The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Negative Reaction Question

So how did Galesko come to get a key to Deschlers motel room? It certainly looks like he let himself in with a key. Also for a seemingly smart man, Paul was an imbecile thinking that leaving a folded up newspaper in the room that was not cut up would be sufficient evidence to convict Deschler of the crime.

Re: Negative Reaction Question

He must've rented the hotel room for him and asked for 2 keys.

Also, for a smart man, what can you say about him driving to that flea bag motel in a huge Rolls (or was it a Bentley?) and expecting not to be noticed? I guess the writers gave him a break on that though since he apparently managed.:smile:

ya Quid that point has come up b4 and it always puzzles me. The other stupid thing that I can't understand is why he was a half an hour late meeting that dude at the junkyard. there was no excuse for that. if I were Deschler I would have split before half an hour went by

If the murderers never made.mistakes then Lt. would never catch 'em!😊

That’s why the jails are all full up.

quid_quo_pro
Also, for a smart man, what can you say about him driving to that flea bag motel in a huge Rolls (or was it a Bentley?) and expecting not to be noticed? I guess the writers gave him a break on that though since he apparently managed.:smile:
Not only driving the Rolls to the flea bag hotel, but he parked across the side walk. Anybody walking to or from their room will remember a Rolls, or any car, blocking the sidewalk.

I still find it amazing that Deschler (1) was too lazy to pick up the discarded picture he took at the crime scene and then (2) volunteered all kinds of information to Columbo about why it was not a good picture. If he's trying to make this look like the work of a simple-minded crook, he shouldn't be saying he would have behaved like a photographic expert.

They don't let you edit any longer. I meant to say Paul, not Deschler.

Eric Paddon
They don't let you edit any longer. I meant to say Paul, not Deschler.
No worries. I'm sure everybody knew what you meant.