The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo-In real life

I hit a awful shot on the golf course when i was playing with my son ( who is 28 yo now...and was force fed Columbo when he was growing up...lol)and he said " uh oh, another bad one , doc?" and i responded with my best Dr . Kepple voice .." yes, that's a bad one".

I laughed to myself and i thought how my Columbo obsession/impressions over the years and think my boys thought it was cool....hopefully not thinking i'm too geeky.

LOL - Great story, Mark. I think only my wife knows when I'm using a "Columboism".

My wife and I just off the tennis court here in our development. A guy, who I later found out is named Fred, came to the fence to ask me how much longer he thought we'd be. I told him, "in about three seconds," after we collected our tennis balls. We did so and chatted with him for a few moments. As we turned to walk home, I noticed we'd missed a ball on the court. The guy got to the ball first and tossed it across the court to me.

I responded, in my best Columbo voice, "Thank you, Fred", making sure to run the words together as he did in "Last Salute to the Commodore".

Maybe I've never done it out loud, but when I think someone is making big assumptions, I think of that as "cigar ashes" (after Milo Janus).