The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 2

David, thanks for your kind comment. I hope you had a great Christmas. Below is the reply I got from Peter Falk. Part of it refers to my "appearance" when he gave a great interview on "The View" with Barbara Walters, and I was invited to ask him a question from the audience. I was dressed in complete Columbo costume (as he was), which I swear was at the specific request of the show's producer, and Peter describes how he felt a relief as the burden of full focus shifted from him for a few seconds. Of course he is being kind. As to his idea to have someone read the poem aloud at his upcoming wedding anniversary event, well who knows if that ever happened, but it sure was nice of him to say this. Peter had a certain reputation for how he behaved on set in his younger days, but he was very gracious to fans as you can see.

Re: Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 2

What a wonderful, thoughtful response from Peter Falk. And thank you for sharing that very personal moment here. It certainly is an entertaining poem and helps to keep the spirit of Columbo going around here. It must have been quite touching for him to recognize your thoughts and efforts. Cheers!