The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Double Shock plans changing throughout

Good observations! Was Mrs. Peck planning on taking the pastries over to her sister that night? She did put her coat on, but got caught up in the soap opera on TV. Which brings up a question: Isn't it kind of late for soap operas to be on TV? I mean, this was before the days of tape-delay, late night soaps (Dallas didn't air until the late 70's; it was the first night time soap since Peyton Place ended in 1969).

I don't think it was literally a soap opera. One of those dramatic doctor shows like Medical Center.

Could be, but the production value was obviously of the cheap, daytime soap opera style. Gotta love the cheesy soap opery dialogue, too: "If you're not cold and hard and tough enough to justify the faith and confidence of your patients, then you can hand me your stethoscope, Rocky." I always get a chuckle out of that scene, although I don't think that's what they were going for.

What's also interesting about that TV scene is that four actors are credited on IMDB: Young TV Lawyer, Young TV Doctor, Senior TV doctor, and Older TV Lawyer.