The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strangest Places to "Light up"

The one good thing to say about him doing it in the hospital waiting room is Milo lecturing him about it.

When it comes to people complaining or not complaining, another one that I always notice is in Dead Weight, when he's rummaging around in that trunk. General Hollister mentions that those clothes are neatly folded, but he doesn't say a thing about the cigar!

Back to Exercise in Fatality. He gets stopped by the security guard at Tricon personnel office and told to put it in the ash tray I wonder if he would have lit it up if the guard wasn't there

Columbo not only smokes in the hospital waiting room....In A Stitch in Crime, Columbo brings his lit cigar right into Dr. Heidemann's hospital room while Heideman is recovering from open heart surgery.

The nurse asks him to put it out, Heideman says no, to keep it, and so he does.

Times have certainly changed.

Laura great observation. I forgot about that one. Where Heidleman claims it's the only human thing he smelled in days.

Looks like he tosses the used match on the carpet in the Stahl House at the end of Prescription Murder, LOL

There's at least one involving genuine danger from it (I mean immediate danger). In "Short Fuse," Rodger tells him that unless he wants to see an explosion much bigger than the one he's investigating, he'd better put away the cigar and match, since they're around all those chemicals!

Grant
There's at least one involving genuine danger from it (I mean immediate danger). In "Short Fuse," Rodger tells him that unless he wants to see an explosion much bigger than the one he's investigating, he'd better put away the cigar and match, since they're around all those chemicals!
Funny as hell because later Rodger is flipping out on the tram because he thinks the whole cigar box is going to blow up!!