The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blueprint for Murder

This is another thread about a quirky scene when Columbo is in a public setting (see the Exercise in Fatality thread I started). In Blueprint for Murder, in the scene when Columbo goes to inquirer about a permit, some of the same people are in lines in two different rooms. As he is leaving the safety and inspection room I spot at least two people standing in line who are also in line in the engineering room. One is the guy in a yellow shirt holding a grey coat. The other is the guy holding a black coat. Since by every indication Columbo went immediately to the second room, unless these guys had dopplegangers them being in both rooms would not be possible by real world standards.

Re: Blueprint for Murder

I love observations like this! Isn't there a woman in a brown dress who walks by multiple times outside the studio in "Requiem for a Falling Star"?

I used to have dreams like this that shook me up. I would realize I was in a dream only when I left a room only to find that the same people were in the next room, too.

laura
I love observations like this! Isn't there a woman in a brown dress who walks by multiple times outside the studio in "Requiem for a Falling Star"?

I used to have dreams like this that shook me up. I would realize I was in a dream only when I left a room only to find that the same people were in the next room, too.
I'll have to check the Requiem episode for that. That sounds familiar to the guy that keeps walking by in the Exercise in Fatality episode that I mentioned here and about which I started a thread.

I wasn't aware of the one in "Exercise in Fatality." I will have to go looking for it. Thank you!

It's been mentioned before, but in Dagger of the Mind, there's an actress who shows up in two different settings. In fact, she's a pretty popular extra in early ' 70s TV.