The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deleted characters and partially deleted characters

Almost everyone here knows about Arlene Martel being edited out of "Double Exposure," but I always wonder about a few others who are in the credits.
One is William Christopher in "Mind Over Mayhem." Forgetting his face, it's almost impossible to miss his voice, but I've never recognized it.
Another is Michael Pataki in "Etude in Black." I can never spot him, and he's an easy actor to notice.

There are also actors who are still there but might have had bigger parts that got whittled down.
One is Irene Tedrow, as the socialite in the kind of flashy clothes in "Negative Reaction." She's a well-known character actress, but she's only in it for about ten seconds.
Another is Sorrell Booke in "Swan Song." His character is interesting, but almost all he gets to do is listen to Columbo and Tommy.

Are the first two actors missing entirely?
There's probably no way to find out about the second thing (whether the other two had bigger parts), but I always wonder about it.