The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Scary Victims

Yes, I left him out.

I left out Allen Mallory in Publish Or Perish. I'd think twice about trying to murder a Mickey Spillane character, or even sending a scary John Chandler character to do it.

And of course, Chandler is another one. So that's two in one episode.

I always thought that Forrest Tucker (Beau Williamson) was this big, huge, tough guy. But he folded like a tent when the pencil-pushing Elliot Markham pointed a pistol at him. Why walk into the shed? Aren't your chances better out in the open?

I know the question was about murder victims, but I thought that I'd mention that Columbo took a chance telling the nasty Mrs. Goodland about Ken Nichols willing to accept money to leave her. That actor who played Nichols was a big guy and he always played some type of goon on other shows. He could have knocked Columbo into the Pacific, lol. Also, Columbo was kind of betraying Gloria West who was already a nervous wreck. Not his best moment.

That scene has always bothered me too. You don't have to approve of an arrangement like Cathy and Ken's to stay out of it.