The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Negative Reaction ending and other comments

- I always think the same: how LUCKY Galesko was that he told Alvin to call him at 10 o'clock, and the maid came back from shopping exactly at that time! if she came back 2 minutes later, there wouldn't have been any witness of the fake telephone conversation! or she could have been in the kitchen, or other room, very very big coincidence :)
- how did Galesko enter the motel room? did he have a thief skills?
- I see he was also good in anatomy so he knew how to shoot his own leg without any critical after effects
- it should be strange for police/Columbo that there were no Galesko's fingerprints on the ransom note
- Galesko says: "I want to be with her in the ambulance". Is that a mistake? or the car which transports a dead body can be also called an "ambulance"?
- When Columbo asks Galesko how many books he made, he says "9 all together". But later on we see shelfs full of his books behind his secretary
- the ending: I know a lot of people like it, but for me that is the weakest part of this episode. And this episode I think is my favourite one. Galesko could have made so many things then... for example he could have said "ok, then let's go to this ranch. You will see that it is reversed", or just say "lieutenant, you have been there in this ranch - you can say by yourself that this picture is reversed!". It is so simple! And THEN he would incriminate himself because Columbo would knew that Galesko WAS there before. Plus he finds this camera way too fast, there was a lot of cameras there, it would took him a while to find the proper one. That's why I never find this ending totaly satisfying.
Anyway, great episode! a lot of humour there

Re: Negative Reaction ending and other comments

Maybe someone can answer this question.
Were all the other cameras on that shelf black and white ones? Because if they weren't, he could claim that he went right to the one that WAS. Something a professional photographer could spot right away.

Re: Negative Reaction ending and other comments

I’m not a big fan of this ending either. It all played out too conveniently. Are there truly any clocks without any numbers or writing, not even a brand name? Any writing at all would show that the picture was reversed.