The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Small additional comments to Playback

Another funny thing there is where Columbo watches the tape of murder with Harold, just after the murder Columbo says: "That's fantastic!". Of course he meant the fact that all is recorded on tape but maybe not a suitable comment to the guy whose mother-in-law death they just saw on tape :P

Matti
Another funny thing there is where Columbo watches the tape of murder with Harold, just after the murder Columbo says: "That's fantastic!". Of course he meant the fact that all is recorded on tape but maybe not a suitable comment to the guy whose mother-in-law death they just saw on tape :P
This is a top five episode for me. One of the saddest moments of the whole Columbo series is Elizabeth's reaction at the end. I read that the 1970s technology wouldn't have been able to show such a close up of the invitation on video. I'm not sure I buy that. Regardless, it doesn't lesson my liking of the episode.

Oskar Werner's accent sounds very German, which fits the character. He is easy to understand and I like the accent. However, I'd take Marcie and her Australian accent any time. I'd even pretend to love modern art and kitschy 70's technology. I think Harold Van Wick had his eyes on her.

Oskar Werner is fantastic in the movie "The Spy Who Came In From The Cold". The book is much better (John Le Carre), but the movie's not bad and Werner as an East German officer does a great job.