The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sex And The Married Detective

I am not against this episode, but definitely not one of favourites. I will not have many comments this time because this is rather average so I focused on some details mostly:
- I wonder which Agatha Christie book was given to Joan for her trip to Chicago. I like her books
- one of the biggest problems I have with this episode (but this is completely my private opinion and I really like that other people have others) is that I find Dr. Joan Allenby completely unattractive. She would be the last choice for me for this particular role
- very funny thing, which I noticed for the first time: when Joan and David Kincaid are driving in the car in the beginning, it seems that they drive quite fast, but there is a guy on the bike in the background who overtakes them :D so funny to see that for the first time
- she hid her bag in ladie's room. Isn't it true that they are always full of people? :P wasn't it quite risky?
- wouldn't her DNA be on the cigarette she left on murder scene?
- what was the blood she spilled arouond? From what Columbo said it was real blood. So from where?
- in my last post I mentioned liking to find in Columbo actors who were also in Friends. Now I found out also here we have one: This Walter Neff guy, he was on last series of Friends too in very secondary role
- I'll skip the comment about tuba. Although I can probably pick other Columbo moment as most cringeworthy :P
- sometimes there are scenes in Columbo which I like very much and can not say why I like them. The good example is here when Columbo speaks with the bartender. I would even say that it is my favourite scene from this episode, I like it very much
- what is the scene with a 2 guys turning back on the stairs when Columbo is speaking about? I don't get the joke. Are we supposed to think that they had some contact with Lady in Black? I sincerely doubt
- Miss Hendrix is funny woman :)
- the piece that he found in ladie's room, a little far-fetched I think
- Columbo didn't clean the trash after searching inside the big trash bin. It was not very polite :P

Re: Sex And The Married Detective

Aha, I never noticed that bike overtaking the car moment!

I also think Allenby is bad looking, but that might be partially due my hair style and colour preference; by comparison when she becomes lisa she looks much better, I by far prefer black hair to blonde and the style is also better.

I also liked the bartender scene, I didn't mind the tuba, and I think many people thought the scene where the various therapists ask columbo for advice was silly, instead I found it funny, they kept dragging him in different rooms!

Re: Sex And The Married Detective

I also wondered where she got the blood from. She certainly wouldn't want to use her own, and their office would have no reason to have any on-hand.

Yes her DNA would be on the cigarette, but she never thought she would be a suspect and have her own DNA tested against it.