The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spam Threads/Posts and the General Lack of Activity Discussing Columbo?

As a returning member (I was 'Son Of A Gun' here previously) after a long absence I must say I'm saddened to see how many invasive spam posts there are on our beloved Lt Columbo Forum. I see that the problem has escalated over the last few days in particular. I assume that only the admins can do anything about this but would it be possible for some ordinary members to have powers to delete spam threads and posts and block such spam accounts?

I would be only too happy to clear up any spam threads or posts as soon as they appear on a daily basis as a labour of love for the forum.

As someone who really cares about this forum I think this would be the first step to re-engaging our membership and actually getting them back to talking about Columbo again which is, after all, the reason why we're all here. I really want us to get back to the way we were before with proper discussions on the best television series in the world.

Yours sincerely,

Dragonpol

Re: Spam Threads/Posts and the General Lack of Activity Discussing Columbo?

Yes, I think this is a good idea, hopefully the admins agree with that, as these spam posts are too many for a single person who's not on daily to keep up with, and also I don't understand why they're targetting this forum so much: there's not many active people atm, so chances someone is interested in their advertisement are low as well.