Oh, for fun, let's list them!
1. You already listed "Prescription Murder," in which he borrows a pen from the doctor and uses it as an excuse to go back to the office.
2. In "Any Old Port," he borrows a pen from one of the three wine enthusiasts (i almost called them winos).
3. In "Ransom," he shows up at the Williams house looking for his pen on the front porch.
That's all I can think of now. Hmmm....
Other things Columbo loses:
1. the piece of paper with K and the Mercedes number in "Make Me a Perfect Murder"
2. his wife in "Troubled Waters
3. his notebook (briefly) in "A Deadly State of Mind"
4. his new coat in "Now You See Him" (but that was sort of on purpose).
The lack of a pencil thing stretched into the ABC years as well. It happened in "Columbo Goes to College" while he was on the phone and supposedly needed to write down information about the car. Ironically, this is the very scene of the episode in which he sets his trap to catch the killers.
You know you're really addicted to Columbo..and this forum...when you start to write Headache's unsolved puzzler quotes down on little scraps of paper and you keep those little papers in you jeans' pocket so wherever you are and whatever you are doing you can always have them with you if you get a burst of insight and inspiration as to which episode they come from.
You know you're addicted to "Columbo" when you notice that every other episode of "Highway to Heaven" has at least one guest star who has guest-starred on "Columbo."
It took me forever to think of this, but I can't see a watch or clock that's five minutes fast without thinking of Bert Remsen's watch in "Fade Into Murder."
Laura, I am laughing so hard at your picture response and I am at work and people think I am crazy!!! OMG that was tooo toooo tooo funny
ok you know your are addicted to columbo when you find your self writing a letter to the Hallmark execs cause they have cut the usual 2 columbo sunday episodes down to only one and you want to know "what the heck that is all about" they should have bumped it up to 3 or 4.
copy of letter to follow: